The Old Cattle Barn was built of frame construction and gable style roof between 1861 and 1863, with subsequent additions thought to be completed in 1874. It originally measured 54 ft 70 feet, which included a 16 foot drive through alley, but was later expanded to include a perpendicular wing for additional storage. Materials used to build this barn included a stone foundation, wood siding and pine shingles. It housed approximately 50 cattle, feed and farm machinery. These structures were razed in 1929.
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections email@example.com For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
Manager's Power Mac G5; Mac OS X; Creo iQsmart3; Kodak oXYgen Scan ver 2.6.1