The Ames & College Railway, better known as the Dinkey, provided transportation between the City of Ames, Iowa and the Iowa Agricultural College (Iowa State University).� As a joint venture of Ames and the College, the Dinkey began operating on July 4, 1891. The Ames & College Railway was sold to the Fort Dodge, Des Moines and Southern Railroad in 1907. That year the Dinkey was replaced with an electric streetcar, known as the interurban.
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections email@example.com For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html