Morrill Hall was constructed to fill the need for a library and museum, as well as a chapel. The building was named to honor Senator Justin Morrill who had sponsored the Morrill Act, which established the land-grant college system. Morrill Hall was designed by Josselyn and Taylor, architects from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and built at a cost of less than $30,000, in 1890-1891. It has been the home to zoology, entomology, and geology classes and labs; Agricultural Extension offices; Printing Office; Photo Service; and even a barber shop from 1905-1908. Morrill Hall was vacant between 1996 and its renovation, which began in 2005. Morrill Hall was re-dedicated in 2007 and currently houses the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, the Textiles and Clothing Museum, and the Christian Petersen Art Museum.
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections email@example.com For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
Manager's Power Mac G5; Mac OS X; Creo iQsmart3; Kodak oXYgen Scan ver 2.6.1