The Knoll is home to the president of Iowa State University. It was designed by Liebbe, Nourse, and Rasmussen and built by C.R. Cushman in 1900-1901. President William Beardshear (1891-1902) and his family were the first to live in the Knoll. In 1912, before the arrival of President Raymond Pearson (1912-1926), the Knoll temporarily housed the Department of Music after a fire had destroyed South Hall. Over the years, the Knoll has been renovated numerous times. The last renovation took place in 2001 and included the addition of a commercial grade kitchen, family room and kitchen for the president's family, and updated electrical and heating and cooling systems.
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections firstname.lastname@example.org For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
Manager's Power Mac G5; Mac OS X; Creo iQsmart3; Kodak oXYgen Scan ver 2.6.1