Photograph of the Student Army Training Corps with George Washington Carver 4th from left in the front row kneeling. The Department of Military Science and Tactics was established in 1870 along with the S.A.T.C. as a result of a provision in the Morrill Land Grant Act. In 1916, Congress passed the National Defense Act, which provided for the establishment of the Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (R.O.T.C.). Old Main and Morrill Hall can be seen in the background.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org For reproductions see: http://www.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
Manager's Power Mac G5; Mac OS X; Creo iQsmart3; Kodak oXYgen Scan ver 2.6.1